Half Moon & Floods of Ink present
The Girl and the Giraffe
Age: 3 +
12 - 14 May 2017
One day whilst Girl is playing in her garden, she spots something peculiar on the other side of the fence. Climbing up as high as she can to get a better view, she is surprised when she comes face to face with... Giraffe!
As their friendship grows, Girl discovers that Giraffe isn't very well. She tries everything she can to make him feel a bit better; putting on bandages, making a cup of tea, and even baking a truly magnificent cake, but she doesn't get it quite right. Girl soon realises that Giraffe doesn't need a plaster for a graze on his arm or a scratch on his knee. Giraffe is sad. Sometimes we need a different kind of plaster for the things you can't always see.
Charming puppetry, an enchanting soundscape and beautiful storytelling combine in this sensitive show about wellbeing and friendship, told from a child's perspective.
You may also be interested in One Little Word, Three, Teddy Bear's Picnic, The Wind in the Willows
InfoBack to top
Running Time: 45 minutes
Friday: 10.30am & 1pm
Saturday - Sunday: 11.30am & 3pm
Children & Students: £7.50
Schools: £6.50 (Weekdays only) 11th ticket FREE for every 10 booked
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The recommended age ranges are for your guide only. We suggest you stick as closely to them as possible for the benefit of other audience members.
- Lap seats are available at £1.50 (including booking fee) for infants aged 0 - 2 years on the door; all patrons including infants must have a valid ticket.
- Lap seats are not available on performances recommended for children aged 0 - 2 years
- A booking fee of 50p per ticket in addition to the advertised prices when booking online, plus an additional £1.00 postage fee, if required.
- A Booking Fee will apply to all transactions, whether made in person at our Box Office, by post or by phone, for all payment types.
- A booking fee of 50p per ticket in addition to the advertised prices, regardless of payment method or amount of tickets booked